December is already here, so I think it is time to do a recap of 2020.
I know this year wasn’t what any of us expected. A year ago, we were all full of hope for the new year that was about to start. COVID-19 changed our lives and the way we lived through this year.
Still, I should talk about the positive things accomplished this year. I tried to make the best of the situation; it is all we can do when things around us are out of our control.
So, here I share some of the things I accomplished this year:
- This is my blog post number 57! I never thought I would get this far, but here I am!
- I reached 1,500 followers on Instagram! Another unexpected event. My goal was to make it to 1,000 followers this year, so those 500 extras are just the best gift I could ever receive! Thanks for my wonderful and loyal followers, you rock!
- I still have my full-time translation and localization job with FluentU. I feel blessed that this collaboration continues to grow.
- I had the chance to participate in a big translation project for the US elections. Don’t get excited; I didn’t translate any of Biden’s or Trump’s speeches; it was mostly about the school districts.
- I recently started a new collaboration with a Spanish LSP for the localization of a large project.
- I attended several webinars, online courses, and such. I feel like I’ve learned so much this year, but I know there’s still a lot more to learn!
- I read over 20 books this year! Thanks to Scribd, I was able to catch up with many books and audiobooks that I had wanted to read for years.
- I’ve started to be more active on LinkedIn. This is beginning to pay off, but I still have a lot of networking work to do.
- I am communicating more with fellow translators in Instagram. It has been such a great experience to get to know them better. There is a lovely community of translators on IG, and I am over the moon to be part of it.
- I changed my IG feed from all over the place to something more coherent with my brand.
- I began to use Asana to manage my social media posts, and I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before! It has helped me save so much time by being more organized.
- I started using Creator Studio by Facebook to schedule my IGTV video posts in IG and FB! I had no idea you could do that, and it is such a time saver! Plus, it’s free!
- Since I started out as a freelance translator, this is the first year that I’ve had a steady monthly income! This is such a massive milestone for me!
- I started a collaboration with Alessia Di Cunto to get some of my blog posts translated to Italian.
- I finally got my “link in bio” to showcase my most recent blog posts, social media accounts, and contact details.
- I discovered fantastic new podcasts! I posted about My Favorite Podcasts not long ago, but that list has definitely grown.
- I am happy to report that neither my immediate family members nor I have been hit by COVID-19 so far. But other family members and friends have suffered it, so I know how important it is to stay safe.
- Over 200 people like and follow my Facebook Page! I know it’s not a lot, but little by little 😉
- I’m taking better care of myself by using more organic and vegan products. Not just as food but also as products for my skin and hair. I am eating healthier and working out consistently, and I am taking more “me” time. I definitely can see the results already! You can read more about it in this post: Unwinding
- I am excited about a new collaboration, which I hope to share with you soon!
So, these are some of the exciting and good things that happened to me this year. I’d love to know how this year has been for you and what good things brought you! Leave me a comment, and don’t forget to subscribe!
By the way, if you don’t yet have a website and have been thinking about starting one, or if you’d like to create a new one, here is a gift if you do so with WordPress. If you use this link to start your website, you’ll receive a USD 25.00 credit towards the plan you choose: https://wordpress.com/refer-a-friend/9YVyPkAtvbLBWjAwkPxx/
Until next time, take care and stay safe!